Thank you for being a part of our community and for trusting in the good nature of the company. Our mission is to promote, encourage, and create positive community connections. We are so proud of what we’ve done in the last five years and can’t wait for what’s down the road in the next five – but in order to get there, we need your help.
Why support Us?
Over the last five years, RahDanceWorks has:
- Created and participated in local and global community programming
- Curated productions to showcase emerging and mid-career choreographers
- Choreographed works that have deep roots in wanting to promote pure, honest, and positive human connections.
And how have we done this?…
- We were a 2016 SU-CASA Artist-in-Residence. And we’ve continued this work by teaching dance to the wonderful seniors at the PSS Davidson Center in the Bronx! This grant is given by The Bronx Council on the Arts, The New York City Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA), the New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA).
- Our on-going project, What Moves You?, showcases performing artists from around the world in an effort to raise awareness and excitement of movement within a global dance community.
- Our last production, Harlem Dances: Etudes and Duets, brought together artists that are based in or share roots in Harlem, and promoted their work in a venue downtown to help bridge the gap between the uptown and downtown NYC dance scenes.
- RahDance’s evening length work, Trust and Warnings, fused movement with original text and music from four dancers to share their experiences with relationships during a performance that looks at how we all receive love.
Your tax-deductible contribution will give us much needed support to help our current and upcoming projects. It will be the fuel to allow our productions and classes to continuously grow. It will support local NYC choreographers, enable future artistic productions, promote a global dance community and cross-cultural collaborations, and more.
The easiest way to make a contribution is online through our fiscal sponsor, New York Live Arts. Click here to donate today!
Donations via Mail
If you’d like to send a donation through the mail, your check must be made payable to New York Live Arts, Inc., and should be recommended in the memo area with “Sarah Horne / RahDanceWorks”. Please contact us via email at email@example.com to obtain our mailing address.
Check with your company to see if they match charitable donation made by their employees. If your company does have a matching gifts program, you will be able to increase the value of your donation. It’s also very simple to do – just request a matching gift form from your company and send it completed (and signed!) with your gift.
RahDanceWorks is a fiscally sponsored member of New York Live Arts, Inc., a non-profit tax-exempt organization. Contributions in support of RahDanceWorks‘s work are greatly appreciated and may be made payable to New York Live Arts, Inc., earmarked for “the New York Live Arts member project of RahDanceWorks” A description of the work and current project activities for which such contributions will be used are available from RahDanceWorks or New York Live Arts, upon request. All contributions are fully deductible to the extent allowed by law. (Note: A copy of New York Live Arts’ latest annual financial report filed with the New York State Department of State may be obtained by writing to the N.Y.S. Dept. of State, Charities Registration, 162 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY, 12231, or to New York Live Arts, 219 West 19th Street, New York, NY, 10011).